This is Sangjin Oh, Chairman of Discover Korea
I hope to raise the status of Republic of Korea on the international stage and
expand opportunities for international exchanges of future diplomatic talents
True change comes when you can look at creative ideas logically. Debate Korea is trying to create an open community where critical and advanced leaders gather to talk and compete with each other.
In particular, we are trying to share ideas, create a platform where it can be logically analyzed, foster debating population, manage a league where they can compete, and create a place where they can constantly interact and communicate.
Through a lot of efforts, we succeeded in becoming the hosting institution for the '41st 2021 Korea World Universities Debating Championship'. It is the first competition to be held in Northeast Asia, and we are preparing hard to introduce parliamentary debate to people in Korea. I believe that the voices of participants at Korea WUDC 2021 will show the world the potential for the growth of Korean debate culture.
Please support Debate Korea so that it can continue to contribute to society.
Discover Korea Chairman
This is Seokho Daniel Yoon, Secretary General of Debate Korea
I hope to create an open community through discussions.
Over the past 10 years, I've traveled and experienced the culture of debate across more than 15 countries and felt a need to implement this culture in Korea. The reason for this was that debate introduces a culture and essence of communication, of encouraging the need for questions, and to never take things as face value.
I founded Debate Korea in 2016 while I was the head coach of Cornell University's debate team in the U.S. I founded this organization in the hopes that Korea also implements an education system that fosters the growth of communication and critical thinking.
Our organization hopes to nurture and cultivate a new era of debate culture in Korea that further creates an environment that is willing to move forward and enhance our world values. We hope to openly engage and discuss the world around us, so that we may create a better future.
Debate Korea is set on enriching a community of talented young people that hopes to build our society through open discussion and communication, especially here in Korea. Our ultimate goal is to create an education system that better reflects our society in all of its forms so that we may better understand and help enhance it.
I will do my best in leading this new era of debate culture here in Korea.
Debate Korea Secretary General
Seokho Daniel Yoon
Representative career details
Graduated from Cornell University (Double Major in Political Science and Asian Studies, Dual Major in International Relations and Law)
- Secretary General, non-profit corporation Discover Korea
- CEO, Social venture start-up DK Innovation
- Secretary General, non-profit association Debate Korea
- Debate Coach, Cornell Speech & Debate Society
- Convenor, Korea WUDC 2021
- Debate Coach, Yonsei University Foreign Language Institute
- Debate Coach, St.Paul Preparatory Seoul
- Chief Adjudicator, Debate Korea Open
- Chief Adjudicator, Cornell-Yonsei Debate Invitational
- Invited Adjudicator, Capetown WUDC, Thailand WUDC
- Adjudicator, Vietnam broadcasting program VTV7 ‘The Debaters Season 1’
- Debate Teacher, Samsung medical cochlear implant center
- Debate Coach, Yonsei Underwood Union
- Convenor, KMADC x KIDA National Championship (KNC)
- Convenor, YUU x KIDA National Chamionship (KNC)
- Deputy Chief Adjudicator, Asian BP
- Operational Support, Inter-Korean Summit Press Center
- Instructor, English Cooperative English Instructor Training Academy